Pages

February 6, 2010

Why I like Fashion... February 6th 2010 -1


Why I like Fashion….
By Precious



My name is Precious another new face at Fashion Emerge.
Our new blog column of “Why I like Fashion’ will appear
weekly on my take of fashion and why I along with so many folks 
Just adore it! I’m also accepting Fashion Q & A’s to get this started on an
interesting ride.


Q&A’s Ask Precious – contact@fashionemerge.com


February 1st

I work in NYC’s fashion district as a retail Sales fabric Associate.
I’m taking a design course at The Fashion Institute of Technology.
My job doesn’t call for me to dress up, but I’m meeting some great networks at work
And at times I don’t look the true part of my true calling. Any fashion suggestions?
Fashion Blah 


Well Fashion Blah you have to start off at looking at your situation differently.
The one great thing with fashion is it welcomes all different styles and trends.
As a student you don’t have to glam it up, even though many do use the excuse as
students to experiment with clothing to the extreme. You have to gear in to what make you comfortable and what styles interest you that are feasible for being on your feet all day on the job and then being in the classroom another part of the day. You never can go wrong with jeans, but not your bubble gum stretch thingys…
Play with fitted or premium (or reasonably priced)jeans that you can be comfortable in and if you sew or as a student learning the basics- why not play with some of the fabrics at your job and make a top or create a sassy sash. Again the best thing is playing with things, and a person who has access to a variety of fabrics that’s like a gold mine!
So when a impressive person in the industry walks into the shop they’ll notice you and
What you’re about.
Play and have fun with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment